Many people misunderstand that a brand strategy is limited to creating a nice logo or creating a catchy tagline. It couldn’t be far from the truth!
In reality, your brand encompasses so much more. It’s the entire experience your customers have with your business, starting with your visual identity to your messaging to customer experience.
Are you wondering what it takes to build an effective brand strategy for your business?
Developing a long-term plan for building your brand strategy can seem like an overwhelming task. Where do you start? There are 6 steps that can give you a solid foundation on which to build.
- Identify your brand positioning: first thing you need to do is to identify where you want to position your brand in the market and how you want your customers to perceive your brand. With this information your brand will be able to stand among the competitors.
- Align your brand strategy with your business strategy: To create a brand strategy for long-term success, you need to align with your business strategy. Use your business goals, objectives, and KPIs to guide your brand strategy. As a result, all of your brand strategy affects the overall growth and success of your business.
Let’s put this in context using what we did for Bosch home appliances for example:
Bosch is a German home appliances brand, very well known in Europe, that penetrated the Egyptian market in July 2019. Bosch needed to prove itself among the competitors, and they started with digital marketing which was our main role as an integrated digital marketing agency to differentiate the brand within the competitors and to align their business strategy with the brand strategy, we have developed the integration strategy starting with social media strategy, media buying, Youtube content, live website, optimized SEO and Google ads. Using the integration strategy ensures that the brand is reaching and communicating its target audience through multiple channels, which increases brand awareness and customer loyalty.
- Identify and understand your target audience: if you don’t know your target audience, your brand strategy is pointless. And here comes the market research role, it helps you know who your customers are, what their perspectives and priorities are, and allows you to customize your brand message to resonate with them.
- Create relevant and useful content: all the content you share reflects your brand. Whether it’s a social media post or an article on your website, everything represents who you are as a company. So your brand strategy must include content that is both relevant and useful to your target audience.
- Consistent branding across all platforms: Consistency is a key element in any brand strategy. This means that keeping your messaging and visuals consistent across all platforms is an important thing for your brand for a few reasons; build trust in your brand, raise brand awareness and increase brand revenue.
- Constantly track progress: We have to admit that it’s rare for strategies to run smoothly without challenges, that’s why tracking progress is important. You need to keep an eye to maximize your brand progress, keeping it relevant and supporting the business’s overall purpose.